How to see WiFi Password in Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with many useful features that are easy to miss, but when it comes to protecting your privacy, they are absolutely crucial.
While using Windows 10, there is a lot of things that we might need to keep private, and having a good password system is one of them.
You can easily find out the WiFi password if you have Windows 10, and the process is simple.
In this post, we will teach you how to see the WiFi password in Windows 10.
It’s a common scenario to enter your Wi-Fi password at home, but when you’re away from home and need to connect to the internet, you have no way of knowing your password.
This post will teach you how to see the WiFi password in Windows 10. There are multiple methods to do so, but I’ll be explaining the easiest method to follow.
How to see WiFi Password in Windows 10
When you log onto a network, you usually remember the password. If you forget your password, what happens? The password can be retrieved if you’re connected to your network. You can find the password on a Windows 10 PC.
- Go to the Windows search bar and type “WiFi Settings”. Open the Windows search box and type “Network & Sharing Center”. From here, select your WiFi network name > “Wireless properties” > “Security” > “Show characters”.
- Go to the Settings app and click the gear icon (bottom-right corner). If you don’t see this button, go to the top-right corner of your screen and press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
- Go to the search bar and type the “WiFi settings” to open. You can hit enter on the keyboard.
- You have to scroll down and click Network and Sharing Center on the right side of the window.
- Now you can select your WiFi network name
- Then select Wireless Properties.
- Now you can see the Security tab. which is available at the Connection tab at the top of the window.
- You can find your password by clicking on the Show characters box.
- Once your Network Security key box is set up, you’ll be able to view your Windows 10 WiFi password in the Network Security key box.
How to see WiFi password from the control panel in Windows 10
If you can access Windows 10 settings, the above method should work just fine for you. However, if you’re not fond of typing in commands and don’t mind remembering a small command, you can access your WiFi network settings using the Run command.
- Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog and type ncpa.cpl (without the quotes) and then click on OK.
- When you right-click on your network, it opens the Network Settings dialog, which shows you the status of your current connection.
- Now Click on Wireless Properties in the WiFi Status window.
- Click on the “Security” tab and then on the “Show Characters” button to reveal your WiFi password.
Also read, How to Delete Myntra Account
How to Hide WiFi Password in Windows 10
There are many people who use the internet from their smartphone or laptop, but the problem is that they don’t want others to know their passwords. They don’t want other people to access their wifi connection and share their internet. If you are one of them then here are the simple and effective steps to show your password.
If you want to hide your Wifi password on a computer, then you need to use a tool called “Wi-Fi password viewer”. It is an application that will help you to hide your password from other people who can see your network.
To hide your Wifi password on a Windows 10 computer, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the WiFi password viewer from the official website.
- Open the downloaded file and run it.
- Connect to the network that you want to hide your password.
- Now, open the program and go to the “General Settings” tab and then click on the “hide this network” option.
- Finally, click on “OK” to save the changes.
This was all about How to see WiFi passwords in Windows 10. If you liked this post then you may like the other posts of this blog. I will soon share some more interesting posts with you. So stay connected with us for more updates.